Monday, April 26, 2010

Granola?


I think Justin has become a granola in his old age. These are the reasons:
  • He shops at REI exclusively
  • He is making his own compost in our backyard
  • He is super excited about composting
  • He uses terms like renewable resource
  • He buys socks made from wool because wool is a renewable resource
  • He owns antibacterial underwear
  • He would rather backpack in remote areas of Wyoming than go to the beach
  • We have to borrow the neighbors empty recycle bin to fit all of our recyclables
  • He owns more lightweight backpacking gear than he knows what to with
  • He is excited about compost!!!
  • After reading this post, he gave me more reasons on why he is such a granola!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

At least he is not a slob! And saving the earth for his kids is a good thing! But the Beach no way.

The Turnarounds said...

I found myself sliding more and more into a Granola mold as the years keep coming too.

At the store when I buy seeds for my garden I search high and low for all the "organic" seeds that are available... I'll bring you down some produce this fall for you and your little Granola family. :)

tracy said...

Antibacterial underwear... that just so stuck out in my head!

Justin is doing some pretty awesome things to keep our earth pretty awesome and I commend him and thank him for doing so! We recycle like crazy and always look for new ways to reach out to help do our part in our little corner of the world.

Spencer Family said...

I have not laughed that hard in a long time! Some how I am not surprised, he has always seemed a little more intuned with nature than the rest of us.

The Hunters! said...

Jillibean that just made me laugh so freaking hard!!!! I love Renewable Recources!! And you know that he has to have antibacterial undies because of his SWASS!!!! Love you guys so hard!