We love you.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Last week we took Kate to Disneyland. I knew Leah would be miserable with a week of strollers and standing in line, so we took the opportunity to have some one on one with Kate. We had an amazing time, there is nothing more magical than Disneyland with a 4 year old! Kate was in heaven with the princesses and the alone time with mom and dad. We overlapped our trip with two other families, so we had different friends with us different days. The combination of perfect weather, magic, good friends, and my family made for a great trip!!
We went to Ariel's Grotto for lunch and met all the Princesses.
Kate almost passed out from excitement!
Nighttime swimming after a long day
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Friday, December 31, 2010
As a whole, 2010 was a hard year for a lot of people. Death, cancer, job loss, sadness all filled 2010. But for me, in my little world, things were good. I suffered along with my sick and grieving friends and family and felt a little more grateful for what I have. A hard working husband who loves me (and I love him); two amazing, adorable, healthy, spunky little souls; a solid family to call my own. Add in a stable job, a warm house, food on my table and I can't ask for anything more. Thanks 2010 for the memories!
We were super excited for Christmas this year. For 6 weeks, I shopped, planned, wrapped and envisioned a perfect Christmas Day to include:
- a fun filled family morning
- a leisurely, yummy breakfast at grandma's
- a good, restful nap
- a delicious traditional dinner complete with rolls, ham, and funeral potatoes
This is how it really went:
- a fun filled family morning starting with tears because Kate didn't hear Santa
- a brand new, hot pink nail polish spilled on the carpet
- a three year old's try at covering the evidence
- a lecture
- more tears
- a hour late to grandma's
- yummy breakfast with cinnamon pull apart rolls an hour late because we were a hour late
- a shortened nap
- forgotten rolls never set out to raise because of the nail polish event
- forgotten corn flakes on the funeral potatoes
- barfing three year old from 5:00 pm til 4:00 am
Oh well, I wouldn't miss a Christmas with my family for anything!
Saturday, October 30, 2010
We had a great Halloween and were only slowed a little by the bad weather. We had our annual family pumpkin carving dinner and trick or treating with our friends. Kate had two costumes because she was less than happy about the butterfly I picked out for her, but was a good sport and wore it for trick or treating. Leah was just excited to see the other kids come to our door!
Kate and Daddy carving pumpkins