Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas

We were super excited for Christmas this year. For 6 weeks, I shopped, planned, wrapped and envisioned a perfect Christmas Day to include:
  • a fun filled family morning
  • a leisurely, yummy breakfast at grandma's
  • a good, restful nap
  • a delicious traditional dinner complete with rolls, ham, and funeral potatoes

This is how it really went:

  • a fun filled family morning starting with tears because Kate didn't hear Santa
  • a brand new, hot pink nail polish spilled on the carpet
  • a three year old's try at covering the evidence
  • a lecture
  • more tears
  • a hour late to grandma's
  • yummy breakfast with cinnamon pull apart rolls an hour late because we were a hour late
  • a shortened nap
  • forgotten rolls never set out to raise because of the nail polish event
  • forgotten corn flakes on the funeral potatoes
  • barfing three year old from 5:00 pm til 4:00 am

Oh well, I wouldn't miss a Christmas with my family for anything!


5 comments:

Patrea said...

Ha, ha!!! Our Christmas was exhausting, too. Gotta love how different reality is from our rosy expectations. :) Happy New Year! Love you guys!

Abbie said...

Someone spilled a Gallon of Paint in my front room! Right now it is missing a piece of carpet that Rob cut out! I am just waiting for a good carpet layer to fix it!
Christmas is past exhausting and I am getting more and more of a Scrooge.. I don't want to clean up the mess or find places for the new toys..... I need an attitude adjustment before next Christmas :)

Jessica said...

This made me laugh (not to be mean) but I know what you mean when you invision one thing and you get COMPLETE the opposite. Just chalk it up to the memory book!! Hope you all are feeling well and had a good new years!

tracy said...

Oh my! Never a dull moment makes for fun stories to retell over and over again! :)

Carlye Momma said...

Isn't it funny how things don't really go as planned...but somehow we still make it through and remember the great stuff! MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIENDS! Love you mucho!