Sunday, September 20, 2009

What's in a name?

Justin was never crazy about the name Leah. He felt that people would call her Lea, pronounced LAY-ah. We made a point to look up other spellings of the name and Justin thought that Leia would create less confusion about how it was pronounced. Since he didn't like the name to begin with, I let him win the battle so I could win the war. Since the baby has been born, about 10 people have called her Lea, based on the spelling. As of tonight, her name is officially spelled Leah, pronounced LEE-ah. Now I just have to change the fresh ink on the birth certificate!!!

3 comments:

the Roberts said...

Good choice in spelling. If you had spelled it Leia, then people would have pronounced it Lay-ah (well at least in Hawaii, 'ei' sounds like ay.
Very cute, very happy for you guys. I'm hoping we will be doing the name game soon.

The Turnarounds said...

Aaron and I did the same thing with Teigan's name. I chose the name, he got to choose the spelling. His problem now is that he can't remember how to spell it and then spells it wrong because of the unique spelling. Silly Men. :)
P.S. I forgot to ask you if it is okay for me to add you to my contact list?

Emery said...

Cute Blog!! I didn't know your new baby was born, congrats!! Glad to hear your all doing well.