Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Tree...

Every year on the Friday after Thanksgiving, we go to our cabin and hunt for our Christmas tree. It's always a surprise to see how much snow we have to hike through and you never know how long you'll have to hike for the perfect tree. I always want the first tree I see and Justin always wants to keep looking. Kate was tired from a night of no sleep so she fell asleep in the kid carrier and missed the whole thing. We ended up with the biggest tree we've ever had. I spent a lot of time getting the lights on and got to the end and realized I put them on backwards and couldn't plug them in!! So...I put lights on twice. The finished tree turned out great and Kate kept saying "Wow!" She liked the lights and decorations. Can't wait for Chirstmas!!

Before Kate fell asleep, she liked to taste the snow!



Justin and his "perfect tree" and a sleeping kid on his back

Checking out the ornaments

The finished product

5 comments:

Findlay Family said...

You are on the ball..I wish I was like you....I got my christmas stuff out of storage to my house 2 days ago and it is still in the middle of the floor in the boxes!!!

Bekah said...

I love that you guys go find and cut your own tree. What a fun tradition.

Carlye Momma said...

Looks BOOTIFUL! That is a fabulous tradition! I can't wait to come see it!

Ben and Natalie said...

Well, it does look like a perfect tree. I think that is an awesome tradition. It looks like Kate is looking forward to Christmas. :)

Liz said...

Let me know how long it acutally stays up...