Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama...

I loved this election. It was the first time that I really cared about the candidates, issues, debates, and was really excited about casting my vote. I am very excited about our country's future with Obama leading us. It was a great moment watching the historic event. In all this excitement, I still think that it is ironic that everyone in the country is talking about the end of discrimination of African Americans yet proposition 8 still passed. Is it okay to discriminate against gay Americans but not against race? I feel a little sad, yet hopeful for this great country and can't wait to see where we will go. I hope that Kate will inherit a world free of judgement and will only learn about discrimination from her history books....

4 comments:

Liz said...

What a good point you made! Is race really that much different than your sexuality? I don't think so. I hope someday everyone will see that too.
Obama had some big plans for America-I hope he is able to accomplish all of them.

Findlay Family said...

ohhhhh I know for myself and my kids that I want to perserve the traditional family...all I can say with Obama as president is....get your food storage!!

allieb said...

I concur with you 100%!

Carlye Momma said...

I agree with Bri...but I agree with you on the whole equality thing. Hopefully we can get it all worked out soon so our kids won't have to deal with all of this garbage!